While Santa Fe has plenty to do and explore all year long, the summer months are a great time to plan a visit or coordinate a camping trip. The warmer weather (with averages in the mid-80s) makes it perfect for outdoor activity enthusiasts, with plenty of opportunities to get out of the sun for a while.
So, whether you’ve been searching for the perfect Sante Fe RV Park or a comfortable campsite for tent camping, look no further. Summertime is the perfect time to visit Santa Fe, and you won’t find a lack of things to do while you’re here! Whether you’re into camping, hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, or climbing, there’s something for everyone.
As the seasons flip from spring to summer, Santa Fe is in for some beautiful, sunny days. Temperatures are typically warming up in June, but there are unlikely to be any real scorchers, making it the perfect month to spend time outside at these popular events:
- Currents New Mexico Festival: A celebration of New Mexico’s contemporary art scene.
- The Rodeo de Santa Fe: A city tradition since 1949 that features customary rodeo events.
- Santa Fe Bandstand: A concert series that takes place in the historic downtown Plaza.
As the weather heats up, so do the events around the city. Since these events tend to draw crowds to the downtown area and its surrounding locales, July is a great time to load up the RV or grab your tent and head to one of Santa Fe’s premier campgrounds. However, if you feel like taking a break from hiking, fishing, or exploring, check out one of these events:
- Santa Fe Opera: The six-week summer season has a lineup of iconic performances.
- International Folk Art Market: This is the world’s largest art market of its kind.
- Spanish Market Weekend: Check out the Traditional Spanish Market and the Contemporary Hispanic Market, featuring fine artists and artisans.
Though August tends to be one of Santa Fe’s warmest months, afternoon rain showers offer a reprieve from the heat and opportunities to visit some of the area’s attractions. For example, go for a morning hike or bike ride before it gets hot, then head into town to explore and cool off.
- Santa Fe Indian Market: This nationally known event takes over downtown Santa Fe on the weekend of August with a renowned art market and gallery shows.
The Time Is Always Right for Camping
No matter how you plan to spend your time during your trip to Santa Fe, hooking up your RV at a well-equipped campground or pitching your tent at a campsite with all the extra amenities you need is a great way to avoid crowded hotels and expensive Airbnbs.
The Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park and Campground is conveniently located close to nature trails that provide a quick way to get to the historic downtown Plaza and also scenic hiking trails.
Reserve a spot at our campground today to make sure you have access to all of our amenities during your stay in Santa Fe.